Continuing Education for Speech Pathology, Audiology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Mental Health, Special Education & other Health Care Professionals
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can take your courses?
- Therapists, teachers, counselors, nurses, physicians and parents take
our courses. It is the responsibility of the participant to contact their
specific licensing boards for information on continuing education requirements.
Please check the detailed course page for specific certifications. Some
boards may also have a limit on the amount of self study units that you
are able to take. You will be able to print a copy of the CE certificate
at the end of each course. It is recommended that you keep a copy of this
certificate to show that you have completed the necessary requirements.
- How Do I Get ASHA Credit?
- OnlineCEUs.com is approved by the Continuing Education Board of the American
Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education
activities in speech-language pathology and audiology. ASHA approval of
CE Provider status does not imply endorsement of course content, specific
products, or clinical procedures. In order to receive ASHA credit you must
complete the course, pass the assessment test with 80% accuracy and fill
out the evaluation form. Your information will be transferred to an ASHA
CEU Participant Form. ASHA Participant Forms are sent to ASHA on a quarterly
- How do I know if my state speech pathology board accepts your
- Since we are an ASHA provider, most state speech pathology licensing
boards accept our courses. It is recommended that you contact your state
board in regard to how many self study continuing education units you are
allowed because some have a limit on the amount that you are able to take.
You will be able to print a copy of the CE certificate at the end of each
course. It is recommended that you keep a copy of the certificate to show
that you completed the necessary requirements.
- How long do I have to complete a course?
- You may log in and out as many times as you?d like. The courses are designed
to be done at your convenience. The course will be considered completed
on the day you print your certificate. You will have 60 days to complete
- Do I need to pass a test?
- Yes, you will need to complete the test and the evaluation before receiving
credit for the course. Once you have finished the lessons, you will be
presented with a multiple choice/true false test with 10 or 20 questions.
You will need to receive 80% in order to pass the test. You will be allowed
to take the test again until you receive the passing score of 80% if needed,
but you will be presented with a different set of questions.
- Will I get a certificate to show my licensing board?
- Yes. You will be able to print your certificate immediately upon passing
the test with 80% accuracy and completion of the evaluation. Your certificate
will show the title, number of CEUs, date of completion, and certifications
of the provider.
- I've never taken an on-line course before. What should I expect?
- Once you have registered for a course you will be presented with lessons
that display the course content in an organized lesson format with a multiple
choice/true false test and an evaluation form at the end. Click on the
continue and previous arrows to navigate through the course. The course
outline will allow you to check your progress in the course. Click on the
Help and Support button for more options. The Repository section may contain
extra learning material for the course.
- What are the computer requirements for these courses?
display properly in your browser. The courses are best viewed with Internet
Explorer version 4 and above. Although Internet Explorer is recommended,
you may also use Netscape Navigator version 4 or above. PDF files may be
included in this course in the reference materials. You may view these
files through the Adobe Acrobat Reader program. If you do not already have
this product, you may download it for free at: Adobe
- I'm having trouble seeing the course. What can I do?
- You will want to maximize your browser window for proper
viewing of a course by clicking on the square next to the X at the top
right corner of the browser window.
- Can I print the course?
- Yes. To print/download the course, click on the Repository tab in the
left column. Then click on the pdf file. After it loads, use your browser’s
menu to save the file to your computer or to print.
- How can I increase the type / font size in my browser?
- Change your browser’s type size using one of the methods below.
- In Windows, to change your browser's font size,
use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Increase: Ctrl-plus sign (+) or Ctrl-equals
- Decrease: Ctrl-minus sign (-)
- Return to default font size: Ctrl-0 (zero)
- In Mac OS X, use the Commandkey
instead of Ctrl.
- Adjust the browser font
- Internet Explorer
1. From the View menu, select Text Size.
2. From the drop-down menu, select the desired size (from Largest
From the View menu, select Zoom, and then Zoom In or Zoom Out. Repeat
- How can I resize the screen of my course?
- Grab the bar with your mouse at the bottom of the course screen and pull
in the direction to resize the page. See the example below.